The Schools Library Service (SLS) loans books and other resources and provides advice, support and training to schools to help them to promote reading and develop their own libraries.
We are a traded service and offer services to all schools in Suffolk, across all phases and types of school.
- Termly topic boxes to support curriculum projects, including books and artefacts
- Guided Reading sets for loan
- Hands on practical support from our expert staff
- New stock recommendations (at up to 25% discount)
- Advice on design and layout of your library
- Help with the purchase, set up and use of library computer systems
- Fiction discussion groups
- Book buying trips
- Forum for library assistants in primary schools
- Other courses
Costs for high and upper schools, middle schools, primary schools and special schools.